We take our customers’ privacy very seriously and we are committed to ensuring that all personal information is only collected, disclosed, used and stored in accordance with the Privacy Act 1974 and the industry’s best practices.
‘Personal Information’ is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database) whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
We collect information from you when create an account on our site, place an order, communicate with us directly (by email, social media, telephone or any other means) or subscribe to our newsletter, including, but not limited to e-mail address, mailing address, gender, phone number and credit card information.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information is used for the following ways:
- To process transactions and provide you with products and services
- To communicate with you, including about products and services, special offers, and promotions, and events which might interest you;
- To respond to your inquiries, request or questions and provide you with information or advice
- Provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers, fulfilment employees and IT service providers who assist in managing our servers and networks in order to maintain the servers and networks
- Carry out administration, marketing, fraud and loss prevention activities, quality control and research to improve our service to you and better inform you of our products and services.
Where personal information is disclosed to an external party, we will take steps to ensure that the external party treats such information confidentially and in accordance with the federal Privacy Act 1974. We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
If you have registered through our website to receive email communications from us, we may use your contact details to send you newsletters, marketing emails, special offers and promotions or invitations to our events, which may be of interest to you.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURITY
We are committed to keeping secure the data you provide to us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse or alteration.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Your payment is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
COLLECTION OF COMPUTER DATA
When you visit our website, our servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit any website, which may include:
- Your computer’s IP address
- Your browser type
- The webpage you were visiting before you came to our site
- The pages within our website that you visit
- The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics.
This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our site and the services and products we provide.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.